Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Origin of a Blog

Five years ago I was in a kitchen with my best friends from college, Caitlin and Chris. We had all had too much to drink, but Chris decided to make Caitlin one final drink. He kept adding random things from our fridge (juice, vodka, mustard, Keystone Light, ranch dressing, honey etc) and when Caitlin or I protested he just yelled, "It's an all things you like drink...IT'S ALL THINGS YOU LIKE!" In our altered states, Caitlin and I accepted this explanation as legit. If it's "all things you like" how could it be bad?


SIDEBAR: For the record, Chris is much younger and less creepy looking than than this guy.

Anyway, from that day forward, I have used the phrase "all things you like" as a description for the food I cook and eat. Here are some examples of how it works:

"This curry is good, what did you put in it?" - Amy
"Ummm...I don't remember, but it's all things you like." - Me

Well...after several years and many amazing meals, I have determined that "all things you like" is not always an adequate description therefore I'm starting this blog to better articulate my love of food and all that comes along with it. For me, food is more than nourishment...it's how my brain makes memories, how I express affection, how I learn about places I want to travel to, and, of course, it's "all things I like".



No comments:

Post a Comment